We are happy to announce that we are now offering this amazing service!
If you have met us before, then you know that we have been using light therapy for 20+ years to help people with a variety of issues. This is process is called photobiomodulation (PBM). We invested in a powerful Red Light and NIR Therapy system that delivers 5 different wavelengths of energy (633nm, 650nm, 810nm, 850nm, 940nm) Our system has 27000 diodes that can help you get the wavelengths and power you want. We decided to get multiple wavelengths because we think they all have beneficial properties that your cells may absorb to ignite your energy driving mitochondria, increase the production of Nitric Oxide (NO) and reduce oxidative stress (rusting).
Honestly, we are pretty obsessed with "mitochondrial health" and we think its one of the keys to recovering from injuries, promoting longevity and optimizing the functions of your cells, tissues and organs. Your mitochondria take a beating from our active lives and need to be fueled from a variety of sources including your sleep, food, exercise and sun. What we have discovered is that you can possibly enhance them with light therapy and certain food supplements. The mitochondria are the "power houses" or the engines of the cells that drive the energy cycles. You have several trillion cells in your body and each one has hundreds to thousands of these microscopic organelles to promote its function. That is a lot of mitochondria!
HOW MUCH IS IT?
1 Session for $65
6 Sessions for $300
10 Sessions for $450
20 Sessions for $800
HOW MANY DO I NEED?
- It depends...if you want to help yourself without seeing the doctor multiple times a week when you have an injury then we recommend 3x per week for 2-6 weeks. You can do more per week if you want to. We recommend that you see the doctor once and get a self care program. You could come in the office 30min before your appointment and use the recovery room for some mobility, exercises and self care. When you're done you can use the Red Light Room.
- If you want a mitochondrial boost for recovery purposes or over-all energy improvement, then we recommend 2-5x per week for 4 weeks.
- If you have a little issue like a neck tweak, jet lag or getting over a nagging illness, then 3x week for 2 weeks.
- If you have chronic health issues or pain, then we recommend 3x week for 4 weeks then re-asses for further need. If it is benefitting your health journey, then we can discuss a continuation plan.
- Maintenance or follow up after initial sessions are based on the individuals choice and benefits received. If you are like us and live a high functioning lifestyle filled with activities, then we recommend trying some maintenance visits that match your unique needs.
WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
There are a lot of trusted resources out there that have taken deep dives on this therapy. We want to give you some of the basics for the sake of brevity. Red Light Therapy (RLT) and Near-Infrared Light Therapy (NIR) work by delivering specific wavelengths of light energy to the body. Red light therapy uses red LED lights that emit a wavelength of around 630-660 nm, while NIR therapy uses NIR LEDs that emit a wavelength of around 800-940 nm.
The short answer is that red or visible wavelengths may help the superficial tissues and the NIR penetrate deeper into muscles organs and connective tissue like joints, tendons and ligaments.
When these wavelengths of light penetrate the skin, they are absorbed by the photoreceptors of the cells and the mitochondria in the body, which can help to stimulate the body’s natural healing processes. This is because light energy helps to activate certain enzymes and cellular processes that can lead to decreased pain, increased collagen production, improved circulation, and reduced inflammation. This process is called Photobiomodulation (PBM).
Overall, both red light therapy and NIR therapy have their unique benefits. They are non-invasive, safe, and painless therapies that have been shown to provide numerous health benefits. However, it’s essential to note that these therapies are still undergoing scientific research, and more studies are needed to fully understand their potential benefits.
We have to be cautious when we talk about benefits because there are lots of claims being made out there. The main take away is that it has been shown to stimulate mitochondria and that helps your over all homeostatic function. Some benefits have been reported with and without studies. Luckily there are many studies out there that you can research. Just to be clear, the results are individual and aren't a guaranteed outcome.
Red light therapy, which uses wavelengths of 630 to 670 nanometers, has been reported to:
- Increase collagen production, leading to improved skin elasticity and reduced wrinkles.
- Reduce inflammation by increasing blood flow and oxygenation to the area.
- Reduce pain by promoting the release of endorphins and blocking pain signals.
- Enhance muscle recovery and reduce fatigue by stimulating mitochondria in the cells.
On the other hand, NIR therapy uses wavelengths of 810 to 950 nanometers and has been shown to:
- Penetrate deeper into tissues, making it more effective for treating muscle and joint pain.
- Increase circulation by dilating blood vessels, which can improve cardiovascular health.
- Boost cellular energy production by stimulating mitochondria in cells.
- Improve wound healing by promoting the formation of new blood vessels and reducing inflammation.